Wondering where you can buy quality CBD oil in New York?
You’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we’ll provide an all-around guide to finding the best CBD suppliers in the Big Apple state. We’re also going to cover the state CBD laws and help you understand the difference between hemp-derived and marijuana-derived CBD oil.
People are using CBD for everything from pain to anxiety, inflammation, sleep problems, and attention issues. Given the living pace New York puts on its residents, it’s no wonder they’re searching for natural alternatives for their problems.
The awareness of the quality of CBD products is growing among Americans, but the market is still unregulated in many areas, especially when it comes to manufacturing and labeling CBD products.
If you’ve never ordered CBD before, reading this article will help you tell the difference between high-quality and poor-quality products.
Where to Buy CBD Oil in New York?
Now that you know the main considerations for buying CBD oil, it’s time we shed light on the best places that sell CBD products in New York.
There’s a plethora of CBD stores, vape shops, pharmacies, and organic food stores that may carry one or two types of CBD, but if you’re looking for the best deals on quality products in New York, we recommend that you place your order with a trusted online store.
Reasons to Buy CBD Online
Online stores usually have a greater product selection than most local shops. When you buy CBD online, you can find it in the form of sublingual drops, capsules, edibles, creams, balms, concentrates, vape liquid, and even pet products. And the best part is that you can do it in the coziness of your home. Buying CBD online takes just a few clicks if you know where to look for it.
It’s also easier to research your potential supplier. The internet is full of articles about the quality standards for CBD extracts. You can read expert blogs, reach out to other CBD users on social media and forums, or ask the company to provide Certificates of Analysis from third-party testing.
But above all, online stores can offer better deals on their products because they cut out the middleman. You can take advantage of coupon codes, regular discounts, bulk pricing, and special reward programs that earn you loyalty points with each purchase. Most companies ship their products to all 50 states within a few business days.
Buying CBD online in New York is the best way to save time and money.
Best Overall CBD Oil
|Royal CBD – Full Spectrum
||Click for Best Price|
Best Organic Formula
||Click for Best Price|
Local CBD Retailers in New York
As mentioned earlier, New York is home to plenty of CBD stores, so if you need to touch the product and talk with the staff about your CBD goals, here’s the list of recommended suppliers.
CBD Stores in New York City
- Cloud 99 Vapes
- Broadway Smoke Shop & CBD
- Lucky Panda Vape
CBD Stores in Buffalo
- Vitality CBD
- Vapor Trail
- Buffalo Vapor Longue
CBD Stores in Yonkers
- The Vape Cave YO
- Yonkers Smoke Shop
CBD Stores in Rochester
- Hempire State Smoke Shop
- All-natural CBD Store
- Upstate Vape
Let’s take a look at how the state of New York treats CBD oil depending on its source.
Is CBD Oil Legal in New York?
Yes, as long as it contains 0.3% THC or less.
CBD can be produced from hemp and marijuana. Although both plants share the same parent — Cannabis sativa L. — they don’t share the same chemical profile. In fact, these two sources of CBD oil are worlds apart when it comes to their CBD/THC ratios.
Marijuana is naturally high in THC, the intoxicating cannabinoids. CBD oil made from marijuana can get the user high and thus is treated differently than hemp plants.
That’s because hemp has higher concentrations of CBD and only a trace amount of THC (up to 0.3%), so you can’t get high off of CBD products.
Follow these steps and you’ll be on the right way to finding a reliable source of CBD oil in New York.
How to Find Quality CBD Products in New York?
Tracking down CBD oil locally and online in New York shouldn’t be a problem.
However, the industry lacks regulation, meaning there’s a lot of low-quality products churned out for sale. As reported by the University of Pennsylvania, almost 70% of CBD sold in local stores aren’t properly labeled.
Here’s what you can do to protect yourself from mislabeled products:
- Choose CBD oil from US-grown, non-GMO hemp. Hemp plants have the ability to absorb every substance from the soil they have been planted in. The best CBD oils in New York are made from organic hemp grown by farmers that don’t use pesticides or growth boosters for their crops, using only clean soil, water, and sunlight.
- Look for CO2-extracted CBD. CO2 extraction is the safest and most efficient way to produce CBD oil. It yields clean extracts with consistent concentrations of CBD throughout all batches, but without the use of additional heat or solvents. The equipment required to perform CO2 extraction is also expensive, so it’s a sign that the company cares about the quality of its products.
- Use full-spectrum CBD in your routine. Full-spectrum means that the product was extracted using the whole hemp plant, so it contains all beneficial compounds such as cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. These compounds help your body process CBD more efficiently, contributing to the entourage effect.
- Only purchase from brands that test their products in third-party labs. An outside laboratory can test the product for potentially dangerous chemicals such as solvents or heavy metals. They also analyze the CBD content in your oil to verify if it matches the amount written on the label.
- Avoid any company that claims CBD is a miracle drug. CBD is a great tool that can greatly improve your daily life. However, it won’t cure any ailment overnight, nor can it heal you from cancer. If you see a company making such claims, don’t waste your time and money, and look elsewhere.
Below we explain the cannabis laws in New York.
Hemp CBD Oil in New York
Hemp-derived CBD oil is legal in all 50 states under the 2018 Farm Bill.
The new law legalized hemp by removing it from the list of controlled substances. Hemp is now treated like any agricultural crop that can be harvested for a variety of uses, including clothing, paper, fuel, housing, food, and health supplements such as CBD oil.
You can easily buy it over the counter at your local pharmacy, vape shop, or organic food store.
However, before you order CBD oil online or start driving around town to browse local stores, make sure that you know how to weed out sketchy companies from high-quality brands.
Marijuana CBD Oil in New York
In 1977, New York authorities passed a law that decriminalized the possession of small amounts of marijuana. However, due to a legal loophole in that law, the police could continue arresting people if they consumed marijuana in public spaces.
New York only allows marijuana for medical use.
Read more: Is Weed Legal in New York?
Here’s what you need to know.
Can Doctors Prescribe CBD Oil in New York?
Yes, a licensed doctor can prescribe marijuana-derived CBD oil if you have a medical marijuana card. The registration process is straightforward. You just need to be a legal New York resident and show a valid ID. The next step requires you to get a written certification from your physician. This can be done locally or online.
If you want to apply for a medical marijuana card in New York, you must have one of the following conditions:
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Vertebral stenosis condition
- Parkinson’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
Summary: What’s the Best Way to Buy CBD Oil in New York?
New York has made big progress when it comes to cannabis laws. The state’s governor has recently announced that recreational legalization may happen sooner than expected.
If you’re not a medical marijuana patient, or you just want a product that won’t get you high, New York is one of the best places to buy hemp-derived CBD oil.
You should be able to easily find a decent source of CBD somewhere near you. However, if you’re worried about the quality of CBD products sold in-store, we recommend that you find a reliable online supplier and order from them.
No matter how you decide to shop for CBD in New York, make sure to always run a background check on your potential vendor before handing out your money. Being an educated customer will protect you from making poor decisions and falling into marketing buzzwords.