Where to Buy CBD Dog Treats In Local Stores Near You?
Dog parents always want the best for their furballs. With the rapid growth of the CBD pet market, you’ve probably come across the idea of giving CBD treats to dogs.
However, many people are still confused when it comes to CBD oil and pets because there are a lot of misconceptions about giving pets cannabis.
That’s because most cannabis products are THC-rich.
But not CBD dog treats.
These chews are derived from hemp, a subvariety of cannabis that grows only 0.3% of THC or less.
This means CBD dog treats are safe for our canine friends.
If you’re reading this article, chances are you’ve been brought here by typing “CBD dog treats near me.”
We’re here to help you out.
Today, you’ll learn where to buy the best CBD dog treats, how to use them, and what products you should avoid keeping your dog safe.
CBD Dog Treats Near Me (Highlights)
- CBD dog treats are easy to find. All you need to do is type “CBD dog treats near me” in Google Maps to find the nearest shop.
- To check the credibility of your vendor, see if they’re mentioned in Google’s recommended stores and read user reviews to figure out what other pet owners are saying about their products and services.
- Local pet stores usually have a limited choice of CBD dog treats. Most of them don’t have a certificate of analysis (CoA).
- It’s easier to buy CBD dog treats online. The convenience of online shopping and the number of opportunities to research your potential vendor give you more tools to ensure you’re buying a safe product.
- Low-quality CBD dog treats are easy to spot; they’re made from mass-produced hemp, extracted with hazardous solvents, and are sold by shady companies that don’t show their CoAs.
- Consult your veterinarian before buying CBD dog treats, especially if your dog is on any medication. CBD can mess with the liver’s ability to metabolize pharmaceuticals, creating the risk of cross-side effects.
Best CBD Dog Treats
1. Royal CBD Dog Treats
We recommend Royal CBD as the best treats for dogs because:
- The treats come in dog-sized concentrations and are designed specifically to address canine health needs.
- You can choose from three different formulas that tackle specific symptoms.
- These are full-spectrum CBD dog treats, meaning your buddy receives the whole range of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. Full-spectrum CBD is superior to isolates when it comes to its effectiveness for dogs.
Royal CBD employs the same award-winning CBD extract in its dog treats as in its collection for humans. These oils have been mentioned in big media outlets, such as SF Weekly, Observer, WeBeHigh, Weed News, and Metro Times.
The Royal CBD dog treats contain organic ingredients that enhance your dog’s quality of life on many levels.
The available formulas include:
- Calming – CBD + Chamomile + L-theanine + Hemp Seed (apple and peanut butter flavor)
- Active – CBD + Boswellia + Turmeric + Hemp Seed (cinnamon and pumpkin flavor)
- Hearty – CBD + Blueberries + Flax Seed + Hemp Seed (sweet potato and blueberry flavor)
The certificates of analysis prove the product contains the declared amount of CBD and is free from contaminants, such as pesticides, heavy metals, residual solvents, and mold.
2. Gold Bee Goofy Bones
Gold Bee is another premium manufacturer that puts quality and well-designed formulas first. The brand started out in the superfoods industry, but in 2019, the founders made a transition into the CBD market. Today, Gold Bee uses the same superfoods in their CBD formulas as it had in their previous area of expertise.
What we love about the Gold Bee CBD dog treats is that they are made in one production facility and in small batches, which allows for maintaining quality. The Gold Bee Goofy Bones contain 10 mg of CBD per piece (more potent than Royal CBD) and are available in a delicious peanut butter flavor.
However, since they’re made with a broad-spectrum CBD instead of a full-spectrum extract, their potency is reduced by a little bit. They also come in one flavor and formula, so your options are limited.
Finding CBD Dog Treats Near Me (Google Maps)
Google Maps has a great feature called Local Maps. It’s a fantastic tool if you want to locate a CBD pet store near you where you can find high-quality dog treats.
For some, these stores may not be close enough, but for others, they might be located around the corner.
Here’s what you should do if you want to buy high-quality CBD treats for your dog:
- Open your internet browser and go to Google.
- Type your location (the exact street address) into the search bar and hit “enter.” The bar is located in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Once Google Maps has found your address, select “Nearby” on the left side of the screen — right below where you entered the address.
- Now type “CBD dog treats” in the bar.
- Local Maps will show you a list of pet stores that might carry CBD edibles for dogs.
- Click on each store to get more information about the company and the products it offers.
Hopefully, you’ll be able to find some decent stores that sell CBD dog treats near you.
Buying CBD Online
If there are no nearby CBD stores, buying online is the best alternative. Although local stores are convenient if you live close to them, online stores may give you more product options. Not only will you be able to find more high-quality CBD dog treats, but you can also take advantage of better prices (no middleman involved in the transaction).
Here’s how to find CBD dog treats online:
- Open your web browser and go to Google.
- Start searching for “CBD dog treats” or “best CBD dog treats” to get a list of the top-rated websites selling such products.
- Click on each website to browse through their collection.
- Once you’ve found a site and product you like, order the dog treats and check out.
Research is an absolute must if you want to ensure high-quality CBD dog treats. The first search result may not offer the best products for your furry friend, so doing your homework will save you from making poor decisions.
We’ll get to that in a moment, but first, let’s answer one more question.
Should You Buy CBD Dog Treats Near You or Online?
Buying CBD treats near you sounds very convenient, but is your comfort actually worth it?
When you go to a pet store, you’ll most likely see 2-3 CBD pet products on the shelves — you’ll be lucky if they have dog treats there.
Another problem with shopping for CBD locally is high prices. Running a traditional storefront involves a middleman, raising operational costs. These costs, as you may guess, must be leveled somehow, translating to higher prices for CBD products.
Not to mention that CBD for pets sold locally often comes without certificates of analysis (CoA), so you actually don’t know if you’ll get what you’ve paid for.
Shopping for CBD online solves most of these problems.
Online stores cut out the middleman, so you can take advantage of lower prices in general but also benefit from regular discounts, subscription pricing, bulk orders, and reward program.
Doing research on your potential suppliers is also easier when you shop online. You can read user reviews, look into the CoAs, and learn about the company’s history, business practices, and reputation in the community.
Not to mention that you have access to hundreds of different products without having to leave your house.
What to Look for in High-Quality CBD Dog Treats
High-quality CBD dog treats start from the soil.
The hemp should be organic, which means not treated with pesticides and chemical fertilizers, and grown in healthy soil. That’s because hemp plants absorb and accumulate every substance from their environment.
The extraction method is another important factor. Reputable brands use CO2 extraction because this technology allows for making clean and potent extracts without using high temperatures and hazardous solvents. It’s also the most expensive method, so if a company uses it, it’s a sign these people are eager to invest in quality.
The third building block of a high-quality CBD product is the Certificate of Analysis from an independent laboratory. These reports list all ingredients that a tested sample contains, including pesticides, heavy metals, solvents, and mold.
Since CBD dog treats contain several other ingredients, here’s what you should look for and what to avoid:
Quality Ingredients (Hell Yes!)
- All-natural flavorings
- Human-grade ingredients
- Organic foods
- Superfoods like peanut butter, coconut oil, blueberries, and turmeric
- Full-spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD
Ingredients to Avoid (Hell No!)
- High levels of sodium
- Artificial coloring and flavoring
- Corn syrup
- Gluten protein
- Preservatives (BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin)
What’s the Best Source of Hemp for CBD Dog Treats?
When you buy a CBD product for your pet, the source of hemp is paramount because it determines the quality and purity of the end product.
Organic hemp is always superior to mass-produced plants imported from overseas. That’s because organic plants are grown according to their natural cycle and without toxic products for pest control.
Hemp is naturally resistant to pests, so spraying it with pesticides and chemical fertilizers always has one goal — to boost the yields in the minimal time window.
If you’re looking for the best CBD dog treats near you, make sure the product comes from non-GMO, pesticide-free hemp that was grown in the United States.
Organic vs. Non-Organic and Processed Ingredients
Again, you should also pay attention to ingredients other than CBD. Top-quality CBD dog treats come with an organic badge. If a product doesn’t have it, it may contain non-organic ingredients.
Organic dog treats are free from artificial chemicals, antibiotics, genetically modified organisms (GMO), and hormones. They also don’t contain any preservatives or synthetic food flavoring, or coloring.
Non-organic products tend to use many of these dangerous ingredients to cut down on production costs. Besides the negative effects on your dog’s health and low-quality standards, non-organic ingredients are generally low in nutrients.
If you have an option to buy organic vs. non-organic — always choose organic.
CBD Dog Treats Near Me: FAQ
Are CBD treats better than oil?
That depends on your perception of “better.” CBD oil for dogs has higher bioavailability than treats because it avoids the first-pass metabolism in the liver. In other words, your dog will get more CBD from a single dose of oil than it would receive from the same dose infused into treats.
However, not all dogs like the natural flavor of full-spectrum CBD oil. Even if the oil is flavored with bacon or peanut butter, can you imagine a dog politely holding a botanical extract under its tongue for 60 seconds?
Neither can we.
That’s where CBD dog treats have the upper hand. They don’t require any measurements, and your dog will enjoy the carnivore flavors, ensuring that no CBD-infused crumble will be left on the floor.
How many treats should I give my dog?
It may take some time until you find the optimal dosage of CBD for your dog.
Consider factors such as the dog’s weight, metabolism, age, the goals you want to achieve with CBD, and the overall health of your pup.
It’s best to start with 0.2 – 0.5 mg CBD for every pound. If you don’t notice any signs of your pup’s relief from pain and other bodily discomforts such as joint and muscle problems, gradually increase the dose until you reach the sweet spot.
Reputable brands provide dosage instructions on the packaging, so if you’re not sure where to start — follow them.
Most dogs do well on 1–2 treats per day.
Is there a reputable store with CBD dog treats near me?
That depends on where you live, but a quick Google search should reveal all nearby locations that sell CBD dog treats. Follow the recommendations from our article to narrow down your options to the best picks (when shopping locally).
Or just look for CBD dog treats online.
What are certificates of analysis?
A certificate of analysis (CoA) is a document confirming the chemical makeup of the tested sample. Independent laboratories analyze it for its CBD content, the cannabinoid and terpene profiles, and potential contaminants, such as pesticides, heavy metals, mold, and residual solvents.
When a product passes the test, it receives the CoA. Companies then publish the lab reports on their websites or send them to customers with a product — either via email or as a QR code.
CoAs are essential documents in the CBD space, considering the lack of regulations regarding production and labeling standards.
So… How do I Find the Best CBD Dog Treats Near Me?
When you type “CBD dog treats near me,” you might be tempted to head to the nearest store and buy some delish chews for your furry friend.
Make no mistake, the fact a store is close to you doesn’t make its offer better. In fact, while it’s easy to find a CBD pet store near you, they may not have what you’re looking for — be it the type of treats, their potency, or legitimate proof of quality.
Buying CBD dog treats online is not only easier, but it gives you more tools for researching your potential suppliers. Here you should also do your research, check the product’s CoAs, read customer reviews, and look for information about the company on third-party websites such as TrustPilot and Better Business Bureau (BBB).
We hope that you’ll be able to find a decent treat for your dog out there. If you’re in a rush, feel free to use our recommendations from this article.